Friday, May 15, 2009

the WAY back machine

Digging this one from WAY back. Senior year of high school. There's a whole notebook I found that is basically an old journal of mine. I'm likin' it. Here's a random undated entry.

It's hard work being all alone
When there's noone there to watch you comin' home
We're spendin' hours on the phone
When no ones on the other line

She calls she sleeps she's waiting
waiting for my call wanting me to come

But I forget she ever knew me
Where did I meet her, where does she come from

I know, this message will not shock you
but it's coming to you from the pen of a writer

gifted but without sight

I don't see, what it is about me
for people to cheer as they watch me fall
Because
It's just another girl; and i can't get the
problems from my mind. I make a first impression
that I'm all alone, and I'm not just another guy.

But I am, I so am, and you're looking at a scumbag
dressed up and flashy as a golden-hearted boy.

I brake and I break what I never can take, and that
is two hearts joined as one.

Noone ever mentioned to me that there's other ways to have fun.

Ugh that disgusts me, what I was just saying
but you see it's got me preying on hearts
that were never mine



Yup. This was me.

No comments: