I say slowly because every paragraph or two I have to put the book down and process and think through what I'm reading.
This is just an update on that thinking.
The big thing from what I'm reading is this complete belief and adherence to a neighborhood-based economy, of sorts. He mentions how he's for neighborhood grocery stores and school, for the same reason that he's for neighborhoods. And he keeps railing against top-down approaches to anything.
But I wonder if anyone has taken this super-communal based approach to society and either theoretically or experimentally extended it out to its natural conclusions?
I'll keep updating with thoughts as they come.
I think the ideal is beautiful. Ugly at times but beautiful. I'd want to live there myself. But I wonder how we get there and how we move about? I wonder; what is the point of living for Berry?
Here goes more reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment