sort've infuriates me sometimes, although it's a fun mantra to have. I want to see the person who says and lives by the "live each day as if it were your last" quote. I mean, think about it... if you were to live each day like it were your last, you'd be doing things out of sure pleasure or reflection or things that you value most. Which means you more than likely would be bankrupt, live in a sub-par situation, and neglect some responsibilities that you normally don't like attending to but are good for long-term life.
Thanks.
I'd prefer to live my life each day to ensure that my ensuing days were better than each day before it. Sure that's harder to say, and doesn't quite fit into a mantra, but there it is. Long-term goals meet short-term goals.
Ciao
~Sea n
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Actually, carpe diem more closely translates to the phrases "seize the day" or "live each day to its fullest," which in my opinion, is much different, and much easier to understand/live by.
yeah, i'll get back to this post in a bit... i'm quite certain that I was not in the right frame of mind when I wrote it. Let me get back to it in a while. when i'm not running on 3 hours of sleep and sick. something like that haha
Is it actually possible to live each day to the fullest? Or is that something different for each individual?
Post a Comment